The Nashville Fire Department reports that three of its own were afflicted on the job yesterday.
One firefighter passed out and fell as he was cleaning up from a fire at the Warren House Apartments. He was transported to VUMC’s ICU, where the fire chief and his deputy visited him this morning. They say he’s improving and fully alert.
This is the fire he was cleaning up from:
Early this morning in Madison, meanwhile, one firefighter succumbed to the heat while another had hypertension. They’re both doing fine now.