Husk burns, closes indefinitely

An overnight fire burned two rooms at the converted historic house that Husk calls home.  It was bad enough that the restaurant has shut down, and they don’t yet know when they’ll reopen.

Three employees were present after midnight when they saw the electrical fire start.  The firemen, who are stationed just down the street, arrived quickly and doused the flame.  It didn’t affect the dining or bar areas.

Add a Comment

They’re not allowed on airplanes for a reason

A so-called hoverboard (they don’t actually hover) was the cause of a Nashville home fire this January.

You’ve probably seen them around town; they’re like Segways without handlebars.  It’s been well-documented that the machines are generally poor quality and frequently catch on fire (due to poorly-constructed lithium batteries).

Nashville Fire Chief Rick White told The Tennessean,

We are fortunate that there were only minor injuries in what was an extremely dangerous fire.  We hope Nashvillians use extreme caution before purchasing or using these hoverboards.

The Tennessean has the whole story about the family’s harrowing experience of losing their home and fearing they would lose two of their children after a combusting hoverboard.

Add a Comment